Active Summer Holidays in the Hotel Wagrainerhof in Salzburger Land
Nordic Walking, tennis, climbing, fishing & other activities for the perfect summer
Spend extensive summer holidays in the region of Wagrain in the beautiful Salzburger Land. The numerous leisure activities and excursion destinations are perfect for families, couples as well as for singles. The fascinating countryside, surrounding our 4-star Hotel Wagrainerhof, invites you to sporty activities: set out on bicycle tours, mountain-bike expeditions, go climbing, Nordic walking, hiking or play a few sets of tennis. Spend a carefree summer vacation with our summer packages and relax in the fresh mountain air. The mountains and Alps of the region of Wagrain region invite you to explore and discover – whether alone, with friends or the whole family.
In summer, there are a variety of events in Salzburger Land and the region of Wagrain. Unwind, relax, enjoy and have fun – all this is possible in the 4-star Hotel Wagrainerhof. Experience our sincere brand of Salzburg-style hospitality and discover whole new sources of energy.
Top News – Soccerpark Wagrain opens at the end of June 2018
Another great leisure offer in the beautiful holiday region Wagrain provides great fun for all ages. The Soccerpark opens in the middle of the Salzburg mountains at the end of June – the 18-hole course, a highlight in your summer holiday, stretches over three hectares (30,000 square meters). Experience fun and unforgettable moments with the whole family in 1.5 to 2 hours. Balls can be borrowed for free on site. The Soccerpark Kiosk also offers refreshing drinks, ice cream and snacks. Start your varied holiday at the Hotel Wagrainerhof. More information about Soccerpark and Soccergolfen can be found at http://soccerpark-wagrain.at/.
- Opening hours June 2018 from 10:00 am
- The third soccerpark in Austria
- 18 hole course
- from 1,5 to 2 hours fun for families, companies, clubs and birthday parties
Nordic Walking & Running
The various jogging and Nordic Walking routes lead through scenic countryside – past lakes, uphill through forests and fields. A gentle, cool breeze makes jogging and Nordic Walking more enjoyable – breathe in deeply and let the scenery work its magic. A range of Nordic-Walking & jogging trails – from easy to challenging – start right on the hotel’s doorstep. Maps with trail routes available from reception.
- Wide variety of Nordic-walking & running trails – from laid-back to challenging, incl. the Moadörfl Runde (5.7 km), Jägersee (12 km)
- Maps featuring trails available at the Wagrainerhof reception
Pure love for life.
Climbing & Action sports
Reach for the skies! What could be more wonderful than, after a challenging alpine expedition, finally being able to step out onto the summit. With such a wide variety of mountaineering opportunities awaiting you in Wagrain, you are certain to fulfill all of your summiteering ambitions. In fact, for all of you in the mood for action combined with fun during your summer holidays, Salzburger Land has so much to offer: The colorful opportunities range from steep rock faces and all forms of thrilling aerial adventures, to wild waters and exhilarating downhill action. The Wagrain sporting region guarantees no shortage of spine-tingling excitement.
- Indoor climbing center in Wagrain, equipment available to rent out on site
- Forest high-ropes course & Flying Fox zipline in Wagrain
- Via ferratas in the region: Gletschergoas, Kupfergeist & Franzl, Bella Cascinaia, Kitz, Königsjodler & Grandlspitz, Drachenwand & Donnerkogel
- Practice climbing areas, for example in Schwarzach, Flachau & Zauchensee
- Action sports in the region: canyoning, rafting, zorbing, mountain carting, jet boating, tandem paragliding, quadding, Segway, kayaking and more
- Kletterwelt Wagrain-Kleinarl
Angling & Fishing
If you’re looking for peace and quiet on your summer holiday, a day’s fishing in Wagrain-Kleinarl offers just that. Savour the clear waters and the magical landscape all around. That’s real relaxation for you.
- Fishing in the Wagrainer Ache (Wagrain Musikheim – St. Johann/Pongau as far as the Salzach confluence), in the Kleinarler Ache (Angerwirt – Botenwirt) & in the Tappenkarsee Lake
- Day fishing permits available
Savour a wonderful feeling of freedom whilst exploring the countryside in the region on horseback. All types of horse-lovers are catered for along the varied bridle paths, at well-kept riding arenas and local riding stables.
- Large network of bridle paths in the Salzburger Sportwelt region
- Riding stables & riding arenas offering lessons
- Riding in the nearby area: Ployergut in Kleinarl (Tel. +43 660 352 02 28) & Oberegghof in Wagrain (Tel. +43 6413 8557)
Ball sports enthusiasts can test their tennis skills on one of the four tennis courts. Beginners as well as experienced tennis players are well-catered for.
- 4 tennis courts at Wagrain Tennis Club (court rental/hour: € 15)
- Tennis lessons (coach plus court rental/hour: € 35)